We are a free and confidential resource for students at higher education institutions in Lane County who have experienced sexual assault, dating/domestic violence, or stalking. Students can meet with a licensed attorney to discuss various legal options and receive guidance on managing practical problems.

We receive Federal grant funding, which allows us to provide free legal services to these named institutions: the University of Oregon, Lane Community College, Northwest Christian University, Pacific University, Pioneer Pacific College, New Hope Christian College, and Gutenberg College

All information obtained in the course of representation will be held confidential consistent with state and federal law and is not subject to required reporting

It can be challenging to figure out if your situation involves sexual assault, dating violence, domestic violence, intimate partner violence, and/or stalking and to determine how legal services can be helpful to you.


Nondiscrimination Policy

The University of Oregon, Domestic Violence Clinic operates its program, services and activities in compliance with federal nondiscrimination laws. No person shall, on the basis of race, color, national origin (including limited English proficiency), disability, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, or age, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be otherwise subjected to discrimination under any of our programs.

 To file a complaint of discrimination, write Office for Civil Rights, Office of Justice Programs, U.S. Department of Justice (OCR), 810 7th Street, NW, Washington, DC 20531 or call 202-307-0690 (Voice) or 202-307-2027 (TDD/TTY). Individuals who are hearing impaired or have speech disabilities may also contact OCR through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339 (TTY), 877-877-8982 (Speech) or 800-845-6136 (Spanish). To file a complaint of discrimination with this organization, write University of Oregon, the office of Investigations and Civil Rights Compliance, 5221 University of Oregon, 677 E. 12thAve., Suite 452, Eugene, Oregon 97403 or call 541-346-3123. To file a complaint of discrimination with Oregon Department of Justice, Crime Victim and Survivor Services Division, write Oregon Department of Justice, Crime Victim and Survivor Services Division, Attn: Shannon Sivell, Complaint Coordinator, 1162 Court Street NE, Salem, OR 97301 or call 503-378-5348. You may also email to shannon.l.sivell@doj.state.or.us.

Grievance Policy

Clients who believe their attorney has violated the Oregon Rules of Professional Conduct may make a complaint through the Client Assistance Office with the Oregon State Bar. They can be reached at (503) 620-0222.

The Domestic Violence Clinic is a recipient of Victim of Crime Act Funds from the Oregon Department of Justice, Crime Victim and Survivor Services Division (DOJ/CVSSD), and clients with a grievance may also us the CVSSD Complaint Procedure for filing a grievance.

The Oregon Department of Justice, Crime Victim and Survivor Services Division (DOJ/CVSSD), receives federal financial assistance and serves as the State Administering Agency (SAA) for the Victims of Crime Act (VOCA) funds and the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) funds. DOJ/CVSSD also administers state funding through the Child Abuse Multidisciplinary Intervention Fund, the Criminal Fines Account, and the Oregon Domestic and Sexual Violence Services Fund. As a funding recipient and administrator, DOJ/CVSSD has a responsibility to ensure victims and survivors are appropriately served and have recourse to complain if concerns arise. See CVSSD Complaint Procedure.